Saturday, September 6, 2014

Quick and Easy Project, Stage 4: The Endless Touch-Ups

The roof is now painted in Apple Barrel "Chocolate Bar" and the front edges lined in Apple Barrel "Khaki." Doing some of these coats late at night has led to lots of touch-up. I determined that spray paint can be touched up by spraying a bit onto a sheet of tin foil, then brushing it on.
Even with the thinnest brush, I keep making a mess.
The bedroom and lounge floors ought to be ribbon, but it turns out I have no 1/2" off-white ribbon. None. I have colors that may not otherwise exist in the visible spectrum, but no off-white.

In the mean time, I've tried thin leather scraps (right color, way too thick) and plush baby blankets from the 99 Cents Only (the white is too white, the beige is too beige).

There is a vague plan that the tower should have a bell, and I do not have a bell, but I'd bet Michael's or Hobby Lobby will have a small wood cut-out bell on my next trip.

At this point, there is nothing I can do until the furniture arrives on Tuesday, which means maybe I should declare another Quick and Easy Project and see if that speeds me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment