Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Kelsey and Skipper discuss hair products

 



Red-haired Kid Kore Kelsey kleaned up pretty kool. I cut half an inch off the bottom of her hair because all it did was repeatedly catch on itself. This leaves her with hair down to her derriere, which seems plenty long.

She's a busty girl compared to current dolls, so for the nonce, she wears a knit top with a Dollar Tree skirt.

She seemed to want to bond with Cool Sitter Teen Skipper, who is from the same era. Skipper was not a thrift find: when I was considering what I really wanted as a small collection, I decided that one Skipper would do it, and it had to be the perfect Skipper. I love this short-lived head mold, and I secretly kind of like having a controversial Skipper. Heck, I remember wandering down the Barbie aisle of Target in the 1990s and being shocked that Skipper now seemed to be almost as adult as Barbie.

After tall Teen Skipper comes the Skipper Drought, when she went off to boarding school, that lasts until Dream House.

The reason I know Kelsey's era pretty tightly is that her body has a 1997 mark (which also means she doesn't have the legendary Kid Kore super-bendable legs, but more conventional click knees). Her earrings appear on some of the dressier Sister and Me sets of 1998, so she ought to have a little redheaded original-style Jodi. In the fullness of time -- that is, when I find one cheap without totally matted hair -- a Jodi will join the 4" littles.

One of the reasons I restarted this blog is to make information about clone dolls searchable, as I find it, since it's been a huge frustration that I Google for topics and there's nothing out there. Maybe someone else is in the same position! Or will be! Another is to reconnect with community, if anyone is still out there. A third is that it's kind of strange to reconnect with who I was in the Times Before: I don't entirely recognize this person, but she did manage to find the Skelita and the Frankie she was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment