Sunday, October 29, 2023

A tribute to 2016-era Fashionista Kens

Together, we face the future. Stiffly.

These three are the remnant of my Ken Phase, which might have persisted longer if Fashionista Kens of the body-diversity period had articulation -- or clothing packs for Skinny and Broad. I did and do love the concept of the variety, and I think many of the Kens are handsome and have more personality than Kens of Yore. Around late 2021, I had six or seven Kens forming a (highly representative) gay social club, with picnics on my back porch and a pair of skinnies holding hands in ugly Christmas sweaters from Target.

One of the symptoms of my different life on the left coast, after dealing with Mom's clean-but-still-a-hoard collecting, is that Kens are also not clicking with me as they once did. I'd considered rebodying my last three, but the enthusiasm is there for only one of them.

Brown Skinny Ken and Black Broad Ken are good-looking guys, and they'll make some thrift shopper very happy.

My heart will go on.

This leaves Manbun Ken as the sole surviving Ken. This is the Ken that we went to every shutting-down Toys R Us in northern California to find. He is my absolute favorite Ken ever.

Now that the Ken colony is no longer balanced with varied body rep (he's a Skinny), Manbun Ken can be rebodied onto an articulated male body. I'm pretty sure AliExpress sellers have bodies that come this pale, so in my next order (which will probably be in 2024, since Cinderelsa's body won't arrive until mid-November 2023, and my calendar is kind of full until January) will include a new body for this Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment