Saturday, October 28, 2023

A tribute to 1990s articulated Stacie

 

Look upon me, mortals, and despair!

This articulated Stacie from the 1990s was a thrift store find around Christmas 2014, when my parents and I went on a tour of all major thrift stores in East Bay, and it was epic. I'd been wanting an articulated Stacie at that time, and it was Dad who found her. I sewed her dress for Easter 2015.



Kelly's head is almost bigger than mine!

While I found a Whitney of my own later, this one is from Mom's collection because she was in better shape. (She's tagged for Miranda, because that's the name I gave my redhead at the time.)

Kelly is also from Mom's collection. Kelly was going to leave us, but then I started getting more into 4" dolls and decided that one Kelly was not excessive.

While Stacie has worn the same dress for 8 years, my krowd of Kid Kore Katies is growing at ridiculous rates.


Katie's are like potato chips.

Here are the articulated gals with the first of the Katies, the Katie that was the camel's nose under the tent. I'm up to four Katies and honestly a lot more excited about 1990s clones these days. If I move on from Stacies, I'd have an opening for a redheaded Katie to go with redheaded Kelsey, as well as for a Creata Today's Girl adolescent.

If I find a redheaded Katie, a Kid Kore Carla, a Creata Today's Girl middle schooler, or a Stacie clone I haven't heard of on today's antiquing/thrifting trip to the southern San Joaquin Valley, I'm taking that as a sign that Stacie and Whitney are ready to move on to someone who is excited about them. They may move on anyway, but that would force my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment