Monday, January 1, 2024

Brodie, Kenzo, & Sylvester wish you a bountiful 2024

 





They're a bit of a ragtag crew at the moment. Kenzo is both thrilled and intimidated not to be the only adult male in the community. 

I'd been thinking about Kid Kore men for several months, mostly on the subject of "no." The reason for "no" was that I was intending to rebody Kenzo... only finding a body that's skinny and pale enough turns out to be a challenge. 

By December 26, Sylvester, who is the blond gladiator 1280 from Legends of Ancient Lands, had been on eBay for weeks with a 99-cent starting big and no takers. The end of the year is the logical time for sellers to move failed listings to the "donate" bin, and if he's donated it, he'll be somewhere far, far from here. So I bought him for 99 cents.

At the same time, Brodie, who is Chief White Eagle. was given a substantial markdown that would take him below $20 with shipping. He's in good shape and I kind of love his jersey, so I bought him too.

Skinny Ken looks very, very skinny between these boys. (Nude dolls after the jump.)




If Skinny Ken weren't canonically an adult in my community, I'd be reconsidering his relationship with puberty. But we're diverse! He's a skinny grown-up. Brodie is a solidly built dude, while Sylvester is all about the pelvis.

Brodie and Sylvester are not on the same body: Brodie is 1994 and Sylvester is 1995.

The difference becomes more apparent from the rear.




Both Kid Kore guys have more body mobility than Skinny Ken, thanks to twist-and-turn waists. Brodie has click knees that give me one click. Sylvester does not.


The Kid Kores definitely have different head molds.





When I was washing Sylvester, I noticed that the tan on his face was coming off. Only the tan, not the face-up! I don't want to scrub it all off, as then he won't match his body, so it is what it is. (He's a 27-year-old doll I got for 99 cents before shipping, so hey). He now officially has vitiligo,

Brodie got his hair rebraided because his rooting doesn't support any other hair style.

Unusually, the guys are back in the clothing they arrived in because nothing in my Ken stash fits them! I thought Broad Ken clothes might work on Brodie, but his feet won't go through the legs of the pants. So I will be sewing pants for them once I've done dresses for the Katie Krew.

Sylvester's role in the community is undetermined as yet. Brodie is the big brother of Brooke and uncle of Bette Mae.


No comments:

Post a Comment