Thursday, December 21, 2023

The Rococo AirBnB


Last year, when Target had these wooden trees in the impulse bins at the front of the store, I bought a single quarter tree, as I felt I could not justify the expense and space of buying four to make a whole tree. The tree has haunted me since, as it's too small for more than a little seating in 1:24 but too big for 1:48.

This afternoon I pulled out the 1:24-ish furniture bin to see if I wanted to do a coffeehouse or something, and I found my little porcelain furniture sets. These have been around since I was a tot, and Mom had sent them to me back around 2019, to make them my problem. So they've been across country and back, with no resolution.

They fit!

So I put up some scrapbook-paper wallpaper and found a few accessories to dress the place up. The poodle has been in my stash since I was a kid, though I don't recall why. The gal living there was being a dollhouse doll in one of Mom's dollhouses, and I'd kept her because she seemed like a good fit for smaller furniture.

This is one of those projects that doesn't accomplish anything of lasting artistic value but is soothing to do on a rainy afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Gives new meaning to the word 'treehouse'. I happen to think it's cute.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute way to use that tree. Your girl looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete