Thursday, November 9, 2023

Kenzo babysits Evi Love in her new Dollar Tree finery

 

They have matching outfits!

Dollar Tree got in new winter outfits for their Friends Forever Club dolls, with pants and tights. I grabbed three that seemed most flexible.


My original hope was that they might fit my 6.5" Creata "Today's Girl," who is obviously larger than Kelly but smaller than classic Stacie. However, one look at the pants next to Hilary's legs showed me that I don't have a good eye for doll sizing.

So it was time to try an outfit on Evi Love, who is a little too big for Kelly clothes. The pants are a titch long, but that looks cute on a toddler. Otherwise the top-and-pants (one piece) garment fits great. 

Sleeves on the overshirt are too narrow for Evi's hands. Since these will never see rough play, I took a seam ripper and removed the first couple stitches at the end of the arm. Next time I'm hand-sewing, I'll put a knot to stop the seam from coming undone any further.

Alas, the shoes were not only too small for Evi's solid little feet but also too small for Kelly! So I'm back to square one on finding shoes for Evi, since hot pink is not an all-purpose neutral.

Meanwhile, Kenzo is looking a little stiff. I'm torn between wanting to give him an articulated body transplant ASAP and wanting to postpone decisions about a friend for him (which would need to be in the same AliExpress order) into the new year. Fortunately, apathy and indecisiveness will probably work in favor of the second option.

No comments:

Post a Comment