Monday, November 20, 2023

It's a Boy!


 It turns out I don't have a natural talent for flocking doll heads. However, my extra Kid Kore 7.5" doll has now had his gender affirmed as Ben, a boy doll who has socially transitioned and takes his place in the community as Kelsey's younger brother. I've pleased with the match between their hair colors, and I'm close to what I wanted in giving Ben a curly texture.

Kenzo, as the only adult male role model in the community, is ready to take Ben out to play catch.

Next year, I will probably remove and redo the flocking, but hey, let's give it a chance to flake off on its own. Building the crown of Ben's head with flocking so that the little plastic edge didn't make him look like the offspring of a Kappa was quite the project. (Monster High has lost an opportunity here.)

For the next 3 weeks, personal and business travel rule out much in the way of crafting, so this is a good point for calling Ben's transition done and tidying up.

No comments:

Post a Comment