Friday, November 3, 2023

Cinderelsa's body is here!

 

Cheap articulated body variety pack!


My AliExpress order arrived! All four bodies are here, undamaged.

The pinkish pregnant body is slated for Cinderelsa.


The baby bump comes off to reveal a flat stomach insert. I can hear rattling behind it but haven't yet figured out how to get the flat insert off to find a baby.

The quality is decent, not brilliant. The plastic is translucent, and the joints bend when they feel like it. This is still a huge improvement over Cinderelsa's original body! It's in line with what I expected in ordering $5 bodies from a toy distributor in Shantou. I wanted a Chinese body to give me the best chance of an acceptable color match with Cinderelsa's cheap clone head, which... well, it depends on the lighting.


Finally, I get to take a load off!

Her head is on! It has to be pushed down hard to stay on, but that's not a huge surprise in joining a cheap knock-off head with a cheap knock-off body.

In this light, her head looks noticeably pinker than the body. In other lights, it looks like a good match. Cinderelsa may take up high necklines. She is so very pink, and I ordered from a distributor whose positive reviews noticed that bodies ran pink, so there's no better I'm going to do.


Practicing pushing and breathing.

Cinderelsa can achieve a birthing position of sorts!


Kenzo is excited for fatherhood! Cinderelsa is awkwardly clothed in whatever fit, which was a pair of Broad Ken pants and a Curvy Barbie top. My long-term plan is to sew her a glamor wardrobe, but I'm supposed to be doing paid work today.

I'd hoped that these bodies would allow me to agonize in an ethical dilemma over whether or not to rebody Simply Fresh Kylie (merits of the authentic body as conceived by its designer versus allowing her to interact more freely with her peers through articulation). Alas, she is too sallow for both tones of brown, so original vision it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment