Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Cabbage Patch Doll for even the smallest among us

Among the many things I acquired in the waning days of Toys R Us was a Cabbage Patch doll sized for Brit, who'll be the owner of the farmhouse I started building this past January.

At half-off, a bonanza for dollhouse builders looking for toys.
But wait, you say--Brit? She's another doll that got lost in the blog-slog. It's traditional in my family that I get a present on Christmas Eve to keep me distracted amidst the excitement (and now that "excitement" is no longer "waiting for Santa" but "waiting for dessert to bake," distraction is still equally appreciated). This past year, my Christmas Eve surprise was Brit.

Oh hi, guys.
Brit is a 7" fashion doll with, as you can see, articulation. We didn't initially know who she was meant to be, though she has the air of a doll who's meant to be someone. But wait--she's Britney Spears. (Or, properly, it's Britney, bitch.)

While I've gone through a number of prospective tenants for my planned 1:12 dollhouse, my secret wish (so secret I hadn't discussed it with Mom in any way) was for a 7" fashion doll. So here she is, and Brit is going to live the alternate-universe life in which she plays acoustic guitar and has a home studio in the attic of my work-in-progress Home Depot Imagination Dollhouse (the big Christmas item for this past year).

Let's open up that Cabbage Patch package and see what's inside.




This tells me a ton of things I was in too much of a hurry to read,
for reasons that will be disclosed below.
 Here we are: three Cabbage Patch toys, as advertised, and a mystery wad of tissue paper.

These look more articulated than they are. Oh well.
At this point, I'm thinking, "oh, the surprise will be another small doll."

Haha, yeah nope.

 It's a purse. The back is hollow.
I'm monumentally unexcited by tiny purses because I've been picking Barbie shoes (well, technically, Lovely Patsy shoes) out of everything all last weekend. With any luck, I've run out of places for them to hide, since I'm almost completely packed to... wait for it, it's at the end of the post.

Here's Brit with her childhood doll who, of course, looks like her. In proper Cabbage Patch naming fashion, hers is Adelaide Rose.

This is not my beautiful chair. (It's 1:8, because that box was at the top of the stack.)
So I'm moving to Connecticut. The current fashion doll collection is coming, including some that have never yet been blogged (and since they're in bins, I may get to a few during this month, before I go). This is one of those "sell the furniture and drive cross-country with the cat and what fits in the back of the car" moves, so I get to start fresh with display and storage, though it'll likely be a while before I have table space set up for sewing and crafts.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! That's gonna be a cool move. I've done the cross country thing twice although i hauled all my crap to both coasts (in a UHaul going west and PODS going east). You'll be *relatively* near me in coastal MA depending what part of CT you're going to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Haven! I was thinking I might be toward your neck of the woods.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I love mini dolls and miniatures that look like toys for dolls. Your Cabbage patch kid doll looks cute.
    Good luck with the whole moving process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the move! Depending on how much you like driving, Vermont Doll Lovers meets every month, and I'm heading for my first meetup this Saturday - they specifically state All Dolls Welcome!

    Also, your dolls are neat, and I am glad Brit still has her childhood doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! That sounds like a fun meetup. I'm reasonably up for driving, especially after I've settled in, so I'll check it out some time.

      Delete
  4. Dolls for the dolls!!! I LOVE it!!! Those are some of the cutest Cabbage Patch dolls I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete