Saturday, February 6, 2016

New arrivals from China!

Gertrud and Abbie are excited about a box from China. Gertrud is especially excited because she came from China in a padded mailer, so a box seems very posh.

Abbie, I think it's a friend for one of us.
 Gertrud was, by the way, billed on AliExpress as a MacMillan doll for sale in Germany. I can find nothing about this line, but she's on a Fashionista body with what is clearly not a Fashionista face.

Let's open the box and see what's inside.



Maybe we're supposed to take the bubble wrap off this... whatever it is.
 Rub-a-dub-dub, there's a mysterious tub! And some other mysterious things in bubble wrap!

She's... do you think she wants OUT?
She does! Meet Albemarle, who is a second Abbie. The gals are very, very distant cousins.

Somehow, I think Great-Great-Grandma may have had some secrets.
I'd had time to forget that the reason I chose this Abbie variant was that she came with a younger sister. Little Fiji is startled to meet Gertrud's younger sister Veronica.

Oh hi! Do you like to swim?
 Yes, I've been bitten by the Sparkle Girlz Mini bug. I have... four of them. They will all be introduced in due time. Veronica is a little larger than Fiji and has a bigger head (but much smaller hair).

Do you see those rubber duckies in the distance?
 Albemarle is pleased to have a new home in the United States and is contemplating trying out for the Olympic swim team.

At least I didn't have to swim to get here.


7 comments:

  1. Those dolls have really pretty faces! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Congrats on the new arrivals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dolls are cute. Congratulations on welcoming them into your doll family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her expression, her eyes are pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing a review of this type of doll before on someone's blog. Was it you? The body looks a lot like a Liv body except for the feet. The little girl is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, the eyes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, finally an admission to collecting Sparkle Girlz minis. The way I see it, they were gonna keep coming (like those Stacies) until they forced you to acknowledge their presence within your collection. Strength in numbers- lol. I look forward to meeting them all. The Abbie dolls have such sweet faces. It's gotta be those eyes. And I really like Gertrud.

    ReplyDelete